Trailer Tag Info by State

Send us an email if you have different information other than that listed @

Most of this information is very hard to come by, so if you notice that your state has different rules or your states trailer tag information is missing, please email us at the above address so we can update the site. Thanks...


The State of Alaska issues titles for: Passenger vehicles, trucks, buses, vans, motorhomes, mobile homes, motorcycles and trailers. Note: Alaska DOES NOT title or register camper shells.


Alabama does issue tags for trailers. Check the site for the cost schedule.


Arkansas does issue tags for trailers. Check the site for the cost schedule.


Every thing that has wheels in AZ must be registered at MVD except a Dolly. Camp trailers must register like a car, fees are charged according to value of the trailer. Utility trailers must be registered, if used commercially they are charged a commercial fee according to the weight they are going to be carrying, and the value. If not used commercially, (used for personal use) and not over 8000 lbs you can buy a life time tag.


California does issue tags for trailers.


Colorado does issue tags for trailers.


Motorhome and RV trailer owners are required to purchase a Recreational Vehicle sticker. The cost of this sticker is $8.50 for the first $1,000 of market value, and $5.00 for each additional $1,000 or portion thereof of market value. RV stickers are prorated on a quarterly basis for first-time issuance. --Thanks Charlie S.


Commercial trailers are registered for an initial fee of $48.00 and an annual renewal fee of $4.00. The $48.00 initial registration fee is assessed upon the initial registration of a commercial trailer by a new owner. Noncommercial trailers, such as utility, farm and boat trailers, are not titled or registered in Oklahoma. Farm trailers may, at the option of the owner, be registered only (no title issued) for an annual fee of $9.00. Noncommercial registration rates apply to automobiles; non commercial and non agricultural trucks; travel trailers; motor homes; motorcycles and mopeds.